6th October 2016
Condé Nast International today announced the first roster of leading figures from the worlds of fashion and luxury to appear at the 2017 Condé Nast International Luxury Conference entitled ‘Mindful Luxury’, held in partnership with Place Vendôme Qatar and Oman Air. The seminar will take place on Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th April at the Al Bandar & Al Husn Hotels at Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa in Muscat, Oman.
Suzy Menkes, International Vogue Editor and curator of the Conference said, “I am delighted to announce the initial list of speakers for the CNI Luxury Conference, which takes place next April, hot on the heels of the launch of Vogue Arabia. The event brings together a diverse mix of participants – from Guram Gvasalia, the CEO of Vetements, who is revolutionising the entire fashion retail system – to creative and soulful designers, like Giambattista Valli and Manish Arora.
There will be strong focus on accessories – still the power engine of the luxury industry. Ferragamo’s new shoe designer, Paul Andrew, Edgardo Osorio of Aquazzura, and Pierre Denis, CEO of Jimmy Choo, will all be speaking about the power of footwear. We will also talk about perfume and jewellery.
I am so excited to welcome on to the programme entrepreneur Lapo Elkann, who will explore how creativity, customisation and personalisation is at the heart of true luxury.
We will also have strong women who are leading the way in the luxury industry, like Goga Ashkenazi, who has revived the house of Vionnet, and Caterina Occhio of SeeMe, who is working with women across the MENA region to create jewellery which is a force for good.
Together, speakers will explore how the concept of “luxury” is changing. These are interesting times for the luxury and fashion business – and where better to discuss the future of the industry than the beautiful, lush and thoughtful oasis of Oman, positioned at the nexus of the old and new worlds, and at the heart of new trade routes. I am delighted that H.E. Sayyid Badr bin Hamad bin Hamoud Al Busaidi, the Secretary General of Foreign Affairs of Oman will be able to give our delegates an insight into this beautiful nation.”
Speakers revealed, with more to come, include:
- Guram Gvasalia, CEO, Vetements
- Giambattista Valli, Designer
- Lapo Elkann, Chairman and Founder, Italia Independent Group and Garage Italia Customs
- Goga Ashkenazi, Chairwoman and Creative Director, Vionnet
- Pierre Denis, CEO, Jimmy Choo
- Manish Arora, Designer
- Sophie Hackford, Future Thinker
- Paul Andrew, Design Director for Women’s Footwear, Salvatore Ferragamo; Founder, Paul Andrew
- HE Minister Sayyid Badr bin Hamad bin Hamoud Al Busaidi, Secretary General, Foreign Affairs, Sultanate of Oman
- Edgardo Osorio, Creative Director and President, Aquazzura
- Raffaello Napoleone, CEO, Pitti Immagine
- Cem Boyner, Chairman and CEO, Boyner Holdings
- David Crickmore, CEO, Amouage
- Philippa Malmgren, Author of “Signals”
- Caterina Occhio, Founder and CEO, SeeMe
- Solange Azagury-Partridge, Jewellery Designer
- Dalia Daou, Designer, Daou Jewellery
- Danielle Ryan, Founder and CEO, ROADS Group
- Matthew Rubinger, Senior Vice President, International Director, Handbags & Accessories, Christie’s
- Rhea Saran, Editor, Condé Nast Traveller Middle East
- Yasmin Sewell, Fashion Director, Style.com
- Bandana Tewari, Fashion Features Director, Vogue India
Themes of the 2017 Luxury Conference will include: new markets for the luxury industry and targeting bright spots of wealth and growth; reigniting consumer desire; luxury for the “post-luxury” world; and the evolution of global trade routes.
Place Vendôme Qatar and Oman Air are co-lead partners for the Luxury Conference, along with host partner Port Sultan Qaboos Waterfront. Event sponsors include the Omani Ministry of Tourism, Omantel and the W Muscat.
“Having partnered with leading media company Condé Nast International since its inaugural Luxury Conference, we are thrilled that the 2017 ‘Mindful Luxury’ seminar will be taking place in Oman. With headline names from both the business and creative sectors, this is a must-attend event for leaders in the luxury and fashion space, offering insight and inspiration in equal measure. As the new fashion capital Place Vendôme Qatar will represent mindful luxury in practice, and in this way the partnership offers great synergy,” commented Carole Sabbagha, Marketing Manager of lead partner Place Vendôme Qatar.
Paul Gregorowitsch, Chief Executive Officer of Oman Air, added, “Oman Air is proud to be a lead partner for the Condé Nast International Luxury Conference in Muscat. As the national airline of the Sultanate of Oman, we have built an enviable reputation based on luxury, convenience and the warmest of authentic Omani hospitality. Inflight and on the ground, Oman Air’s products and services are designed to enable you to relax in comfort and enjoy your travel experience. Furthermore, our growing international network offers millions of guests the opportunity to explore the world, work internationally and fly in unmatched style. It is therefore fitting for Oman Air to be supporting this prestigious international event, whose theme is ‘Mindful Luxury’. We look forward to extending a heartfelt welcome to the leading figures from the worlds of fashion and luxury, who will be attending the 2017 Condé Nast International Luxury Conference.”