10th November 2017
Elie Saab will express his inspirational forward thinking at the Condé Nast International Luxury Conference in Oman in 2017.
The Condé Nast International Luxury Conference held in partnership with Place Vendôme Qatar and Oman Air, will feature Saab in conversation with Suzy Menkes. The seminar will take place on Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th April at the Al Bandar & Al Husn Hotels at Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa in Muscat, Oman.
Suzy Menkes, International Vogue Editor and curator of the Conference commented, “Elie Saab is the couturier of Lebanese origin who has built a global empire encompassing his Paris hub and Beirut ateliers. With new stores opening internationally, I am so excited he will be joining me at the Condé Nast International Luxury Conference in Muscat. We will discuss the poetry and artistry of his work, the sources of his inspiration, and how he has built a brand that spans ready-to-wear, couture, accessories and fragrances.”
2017 speakers already revealed include:
• Guram Gvasalia, CEO, Vetements
• Giambattista Valli, Designer
• Lapo Elkann, Chairman and Founder, Italia Independent Group and Garage Italia Customs
• Jose Nevés, Founder and CEO, Farfetch
• Goga Ashkenazi, Chairwoman and Creative Director, Vionnet
• Pierre Denis, CEO, Jimmy Choo
• Manish Arora, Designer
• Sophie Hackford, Future Thinker
• Paul Andrew, Design Director for Women’s Footwear, Salvatore Ferragamo; Founder, Paul Andrew
• HE Minister Sayyid Badr bin Hamad bin Hamoud Al Busaidi, Secretary General, Foreign Affairs, Sultanate of Oman
• Edgardo Osorio, Creative Director and President, Aquazzura
• Amal Al Raisi, Founder and Creative Director, Dar Al Aseel
• Raffaello Napoleone, CEO, Pitti Immagine
• Cem Boyner, Chairman and CEO, Boyner Holdings
• David Crickmore, CEO, Amouage
• Philippa Malmgren, Author of “Signals”
• Caterina Occhio, Founder and CEO, SeeMe
• Solange Azagury-Partridge, Jewellery Designer
• Dalia Daou, Designer, Daou Jewellery
• Danielle Ryan, Founder and CEO, ROADS Group
• Matthew Rubinger, Senior Vice President, International Director, Handbags & Accessories, Christie’s
• Rhea Saran, Editor, Condé Nast Traveller Middle East
• Yasmin Sewell, Fashion Director, Style.com
• Bandana Tewari, Fashion Features Director, Vogue India
Themes of the 2017 Luxury Conference will include: new markets for the luxury industry and targeting bright spots of wealth and growth; reigniting consumer desire; luxury for the “post-luxury” world; and the evolution of global trade routes.
Place Vendôme Qatar and Oman Air are co-lead partners for the Luxury Conference, along with host partner Port Sultan Qaboos Waterfront. Event sponsors include the Omani Ministry of Tourism, Omantel and the W Muscat.