2nd December 2016
Alber Elbaz will speak alongside Frédéric Malle at the Condé Nast International Luxury Conference in Oman in 2017, it was announced today.
The Condé Nast International Luxury Conference held in partnership with Place Vendôme Qatar and Oman Air, will feature Elbaz and Malle in conversation with Suzy Menkes. The seminar will take place on Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th April at the Al Bandar & Al Husn Hotels at Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa in Muscat, Oman.
Suzy Menkes, International Vogue Editor and curator of the Conference commented, “Fragrance is a key element of the Condé Nast International Luxury Conference in Muscat, Oman, and we will explore the creative and financial sides of the business of perfume. I am so happy to announce that designer Alber Elbaz will be coming to the conference to share his vision for fragrance, as well as his wider views and thoughts on the luxury and fashion industry. Alber will be taking part with Frédéric Malle, the renowned Parisian perfumier who has created an empire based on craftsmanship, vision and imagination. I am looking forward to discussing with them how they are working together. I will also be talking with David Crickmore, the CEO of Amouage – the Omani luxury fragrance house that has gone global. Please do join me in Muscat in April 2017 – the conference is a landmark event, bringing together both creative and business leaders for two days of hard-hitting discussions.”
2017 speakers already revealed include:
• Guram Gvasalia, CEO, Vetements
• Giambattista Valli, Designer
• Elie Saab, Designer
• Lapo Elkann, Chairman and Founder, Italia Independent Group and Garage Italia Customs
• Jose Nevés, Founder and CEO, Farfetch
• Noor Fares, Founder, Noor Fares Fine Jewellery
• James Lima, Film Director
• Stefan Siegel, Founder, Not Just a Label
• Deena Aljuhani Abdulaziz, Editor-in-Chief, Vogue Arabia
• Goga Ashkenazi, Chairwoman and Creative Director, Vionnet
• Pierre Denis, CEO, Jimmy Choo
• Manish Arora, Designer
• Sophie Hackford, Future Thinker
• Paul Andrew, Design Director for Women’s Footwear, Salvatore Ferragamo; Founder, Paul Andrew
• HE Minister Sayyid Badr bin Hamad bin Hamoud Al Busaidi, Secretary General, Foreign Affairs, Sultanate of Oman
• Edgardo Osorio, Creative Director and President, Aquazzura
• Amal Al Raisi, Founder and Creative Director, Dar Al Aseel
• Raffaello Napoleone, CEO, Pitti Immagine
• Cem Boyner, Chairman and CEO, Boyner Holdings
• David Crickmore, CEO, Amouage
• Philippa Malmgren, Author of “Signals”
• Caterina Occhio, Founder and CEO, SeeMe
• Solange Azagury-Partridge, Jewellery Designer
• Dalia Daou, Designer, Daou Jewellery
• Matthew Rubinger, Senior Vice President, International Director, Handbags & Accessories, Christie’s
• Rhea Saran, Editor, Condé Nast Traveller Middle East
• Yasmin Sewell, Fashion Director, Style.com
• Bandana Tewari, Fashion Features Director, Vogue India
Themes of the 2017 Luxury Conference will include: new markets for the luxury industry and targeting bright spots of wealth and growth; reigniting consumer desire; luxury for the “post-luxury” world; and the evolution of global trade routes.
Place Vendôme Qatar and Oman Air are co-lead partners for the Luxury Conference, along with host partner Port Sultan Qaboos Waterfront. Event sponsors include the Omani Ministry of Tourism, Omantel and the W Muscat.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Please visit www.CNILuxury.com to secure your place now.
Follow Suzy Menkes and the Condé Nast International Luxury Conference on Instagram/Twitter: @SuzyMenkesVogue / @CNILuxury
The seminar will take place at the Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa, a five-star resort set amid 124 acres of rugged mountain and pristine water scenery. In the heart of Muscat, Sultanate of Oman, the resort features three separate luxury hotels; Al Waha, Al Bandar and Al Husn with 640 rooms and suites, together with 21 dining venues offering extensive varieties of culinary experiences.