First Speakers unveiled for the Condé Nast International “The Language of Luxury” Conference 2018
2nd October 2017
Condé Nast International today announced the first roster of leading figures from the worlds of fashion and luxury to appear at the annual Condé Nast International Luxury Conference for 2018. Titled “The Language of Luxury”, the seminar will take place on Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th April 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal.
Suzy Menkes, International Vogue Editor and curator of the Conference said: “With the theme of “The Language of Luxury,” the Conference will explore a different and unique topic. Connections forged through historic colonialism are being renewed in a modern way. Investment is flowing from newly-wealthy territories back to Europe. Countries connected by common voices, cultures and history are re-establishing trade and consumer ties, providing new opportunities for the international luxury and fashion industry in this era of Brexit and Trump.”
“We will address how today’s luxury industry operates in this changing global environment, and with ever-higher expectations from its consumers. We will also explore the luxury situation in Latin America and Africa, and how cultural and historical connections between Europe and the rest of the world are related to trade and business.”
Speakers revealed, with more to come, include:
• Alexandre Arnault, Co-CEO, Rimowa
• Giambattista Valli, Fashion Designer
• Maria Grazia Chiuri, Artistic Director, Christian Dior
• Christian Louboutin, Footwear Designer
• Federico Marchetti, Founder, YOOX; Chief Executive Officer, YOOX NET-A-PORTER Group
• Marta Marques and Paulo Almeida, Founders, Marques’Almeida
• Mark Shapiro, Co-President, WME IMG
• Philipp Plein, Fashion Designer
• Carlos Jereissati, Chief Executive Officer, Iguatemi
• Paula Amorim, Owner and Chairman, Amorim Luxury
• Johnny Coca, Creative Director, Mulberry
• Alexandre Birman, Chief Executive Officer, Arezzo & Co.
• Felipe Oliveira Baptista, Creative Director, Lacoste
• Gabriela Hearst, Fashion Designer
• Sabine Getty, Jewellery Designer
• Hervé Pierre, Fashion Designer
• Simone Rocha, Fashion Designer
• Ara Vartanian, Jewellery Designer
• Michele Norsa, Member of the Board of Directors, Ermenegildo Zegna; Vice Chairman, Biagiotti Group
• Sophie Hackford, Futurist
• Sofia Lucas, Editor-in-Chief, Vogue Portugal
• Karla Martinez de Salas, Editor, Editor-in-Chief, Vogue Mexico / Latin America
• Eugenia de la Torriente, Editor-in-Chief, Vogue Spain
• Manuel Arnaut, Editor-in-Chief, Vogue Arabia
Themes of the 2018 Luxury Conference will include: how luxury is being redefined for a new generation and new geography of consumers; how consumers are creating their own language of luxury; growth opportunities for the luxury and fashion industry in new markets; how different regions connected by language and culture are re-establishing and redefining trade routes; the visual language of luxury design; the ongoing impact of technology; and new approaches to sustainability.
PORTUGAL FASHION is Host Partner for the Luxury Conference. Event Sponsors include Intisars, Opium Effect and McArthurGlen.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Please visit www.CNILuxury.com to secure your place now.
Follow Suzy Menkes and the Condé Nast International Luxury Conference on Instagram/Twitter: @SuzyMenkesVogue / @CNILuxury
On Tuesday 17th April, the event will open with a Welcome Reception at the Palácio de Xabregas, a privately-owned palace built in the 16th century. Across the two days Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th April, the Conference will take place at Pátio da Galé and Sala do Risco, a venue constructed in the 18th century on the site of a royal palace, offering conference partners and attendees a true flavour of the city of Lisbon. The party, taking place on Wednesday 18th April, will be hosted in the Pedro Leitão Ballroom of the Four Seasons Hotel Ritz, Lisbon.